Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy New Year and Cheers to 2009!


Have you made your New Year's resolutions? Have you begun to carry them out yet? A few days ago I was talking with a fellow stylist who mentioned how slow business always is for her at this time of the year, and looking back at the beginning of my styling career, could easily relate. After experiencing my one and only slow post holiday season I never had another and made sure it would never happen again. It is actually really simple, and there are so many ways to market. I have a really sweet referral program, I offer the 10th haircut for free, when clients purchase X amount of products they receive X a percentage discount, etc..

So I asked my friend how often she handed out her business cards and was shocked to hear her tell me how rarely she did so. It is SO easy to make it regular habit, and to ensure you will receive new clients offer first time clients a free haircut. When business is slow, what do you have to lose? I still offer free haircuts simply as a way to say "thank YOU for your patronage!" The first haircut I charge for so the second one is free.

DCP is a great economical place to go for cards, but if you want to invest in something more memorable I feel it's worth the expense to invest in cards that leave a lasting impression. I have really nice clear frosted plastic business cards that are quite impressive and a great way to make an impact when handing out, but let me warn you they are quite expensive. Then I also have my DCP for appointment cards and for handing out at the end of every appointment with the next scheduled appointment on the back.

But hand out those cards! It works!

Peace and Happy New Year!


The Hair Extension Expert