Friday, December 5, 2008

Simplicity is Elegance


It is no secret that simplicity is elegance, or that a little goes a long way. The simplicity of the perfect little black dress accompanied by a classic chignon hairstyle with just the perfect hair accessory says "BLING!" with understated class, elegance, and style.

If you choose to go heavier on adorned attire, you may want to consider keeping accessories to a minimum, perhaps just a couple or a few single-crystal hairpins strategically placed in a sophisticated simple style. For the simple little black dress (or, as I prefer, a deep rich emerald or forest green at this time of year) dressers, you can accessorize more elaborately, but keep in mind to keep it elegant, whatever your style of choice may be. My preference is making a statement with one piece of hair jewelry that pops and says "POW" with an alluring feminine curvature and sparkle.

The reason we dress and accessorize is to attract, not repel; to sparkle, not blind; to enhance, not detract.

Personally, I love decor. Take me shopping and don't show me the price tags, but 99.99% of the time I will select the most expensive item, which is usually not the most elaborate, but that one perfect piece of adornment says so much more than an entire basket of gems. One of my favorite motto's is K.I.S.S.; Keep It Simple, Stupid! It's true and it always works, so when in doubt just K.I.S.S.!

But no matter what your style, remember always, to be yourself, because when you are comfortable with being you in your own skin your confidence and comfort is really all you need to shine and sparkle, and then YOU will naturally be the biggest "BLING BLING!" of all.



Peace and Happy Holidays!

The Hair Extension Expert

Birthstone Jewelry Banner